Supported Independent Living
CatholicCare Disability Futures is excited to be expanding its work within the
Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Special Disability Accommodation (SDA) environment.
NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living enables people with disability to live as independently as possible, within their chosen community. It is also sometimes referred to as supported or special disability accommodation, as participants share common areas and tasks such as cooking, cleaning and social interaction, as well as having their own personal room.
Funding allows you to be supported by a team of trained carers who understand your goals and support you to develop independence in achieving these goals. Models are usually designed to cater specifically for a small group of residents, however there are a number of alternative set ups that can be supported through SIL funding. We are happy to discuss these with you.
Our support team provides the support and supervision of daily tasks to develop the skills of an individual, so they can live as independently as possible. These supports are provided to an NDIS participant in Supported Independent Living (SIL) arrangements and Special Disability Accommodations (SDA) and include:
- 24/7 support and supervision with an individualised approach
- Help with personal care activities, provided with dignity, compassion and respect
- Support with daily living skills with tasks such as preparing meals, cooking and cleaning
- Assistance with medication management and administration
- Help with household tasks
- Support with activities to develop social skills
- Support with supervision, personal safety and security
- Help for medical appointments including transportation
- Assistance with behaviour support plans
- Community access support (eg. shopping, meeting with family, social outings)
CatholicCare currently provides SIL services to residents at Woods Cottage (Lindfield) and Kokoda House (Wahroonga). Manly House is an SDA property and we will open additional SDA properties in Toukley & Wyoming in 2023. Register your interest now!
If you have an interest in taking the next step towards independence, call us now on
(02) 9488 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.