This lovely property offers five bedrooms, with two ensuite bathrooms and one shared bathroom plus a lovely living area and a generous outdoor living space with a BBQ. This is a beautiful house with a lush green front yard and bushland views located in Wahroonga located on the upper North Shore of Sydney.
Wahroonga House is located less than 10 minutes from shops, restaurants and cafes, public transport is just 200 metres away and medical centres, a library, lakes and parks are very close by. Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital is 9 minutes away.
This is a Supported Independent Living (SIL) only property, no Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding is required.
Stay duration: Long-term (permanent)
SIL funding required: Yes
SIL provider: CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay
A lovely home featuring
Connect with our SIL Team today
Our experienced staff provide residents with 24/7 support. Call us and learn more about our services and book a tour.
- 5 spacious bedrooms with 2 ensuite and one shared bathroom
- Lush front and backyards with bushland outlook
- Air conditioning
- Open social spaces
- Access to a shared vehicle
About the available room
- Windows allowing natural light
- Built-in wardrobe
- 24 hour care
- Flat driveway
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Shared kitchen and open plan living and dining area
- Shared laundry
- Lovely private garden/outdoor area
Your companions/house mates
- 1 male and 3 female all with their own rooms aged 37-55 years.
- Their interests include household activities, shopping, cooking, music, walks and social outings
The ideal new housemate is living with an intellectual disability and is ambulant. You will have a calm and easy going nature, be seeking a quiet home where you can have your own space.
- Nestled in Wahroonga, the property is within walking distance to shops, medical facilities, public transport and recreational facilities
- Public transport, shops and medical centres – less than 10 mins
- Parks and recreational facilities – approx. 15 mins
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital – approx. 10 mins
Latest NDIS & SUPPORTED INDEPENDENT LIVING news
Four years ago, life looked very different for the Mockler household. Without support via the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) they were managing, but only just.Read More
1 in 6 Australians are living with a disability - that’s 4.4 million people. Disability can be related to genetic disorders, illnesses, accidents, ageing, injuries or a combination of these factors. In recent years there has been an increase in the number of people for whom their main form of disability is mental or behavioural.Read More
When you first set foot into Woods Cottage – whoever you are – you are treated like an old friend. Part of CatholicCare’s Supported Independent Living Program, Woods Cottage provides individualised, in-home support to adults living with a disability. Alison, Susie, Jo, and Kay reside at Woods Cottage, and they couldn’t be prouder of their home.Read More