Our Brookvale hub is a vibrant space providing access to a range of interest based activity and learning programs which enable our clients to share their learning experience with other people of similar age or interest. This is our meeting place for many excursions and social outings. We love being out in the community and our clients are actively engaged in helping to plan excursions and recreational events.
Some of the activities on offer from Brookvale include:
- Computer, literacy and writing skills, dance and fitness classes which generally run 9.00am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
- A school holiday program for under 18’s for those who want to explore their creativity through sensory art, painting, costume making, script writing, outings to the theatre and more!
- Living skills programs which are ideal for school leavers who want to work on specific skills to support their independence.
- BBQs and other fun excursions where we head out and about, making the most of what Sydney and the Northern Beaches has to offer, learning as we go and sharing the experience with friends.
- Social and recreational activities guided by the preferences of our clients, including bushwalks, going to the cinema, shows at the Opera House, trampolining and museum visits.
- Club Friday for over 18’s where we visit restaurants and clubs, sharing a meal, enjoying some dancing and sometimes even karaoke!
- Tarooki Art Space – an art studio where clients can explore their creativity from ceramics to painting and drawing from 9.00am – 3.00pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
While the focus at our Brookvale hub is on having fun and learning, we recognise the fundamental importance of excellent care and support. Our team is well trained and capable, ensuring that client needs are met with dignity and respect. We are open 51 weeks of the year, with activities running at times to best suit our clients. If you have a great idea for a program we could run from our Brookvale hub, we want to hear about it!
more information & Bookings
Our team is well trained and capable, ensuring that client needs are met with dignity and respect. We are open 51 weeks of the year, with activities running at times to best suit our clients. Find out more today!
Latest news on our Disability & NDIS Supports
Four years ago, life looked very different for the Mockler household. Without support via the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) they were managing, but only just.Read More
1 in 6 Australians are living with a disability - that’s 4.4 million people. Disability can be related to genetic disorders, illnesses, accidents, ageing, injuries or a combination of these factors. In recent years there has been an increase in the number of people for whom their main form of disability is mental or behavioural.Read More
When you first set foot into Woods Cottage – whoever you are – you are treated like an old friend. Part of CatholicCare’s Supported Independent Living Program, Woods Cottage provides individualised, in-home support to adults living with a disability. Alison, Susie, Jo, and Kay reside at Woods Cottage, and they couldn’t be prouder of their home.Read More