A warm, home-like atmosphere of inclusive play-based learning is at the core of our early learning centre’s philosophy and practice. We believe that children thrive and learn best when they feel safe, supported and respected for who they are, and when their learning is guided by their own interests and choices.
Children’s learning becomes meaningful when they are free to learn at their own pace and in their own way. We place high value on intentional teaching and adult-child interactions through which educators bring a rich knowledge base to support children to move onto new and higher levels of understanding. As families are children’s best and first teachers, we strive to work in close partnership with families to strengthen all areas of a child’s growth, especially their emotional and social growth, feelings of self-competence and dispositions to learn and expectations to succeed.
Our Forestville Early Learning Centre is a purpose-built preschool on the grounds of Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Primary School.
- We welcome children aged 3 – 5 years.
- Our operating hours are 8.00am – 3.30pm during the school term.
- Preschool after school care is available Monday to Thursday from 3.30pm – 6.00pm
- We support families and children from varying ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- We welcome children with additional needs.
- Enrolment is open to all members of the community regardless of your religious beliefs or the primary school your child will attend.